pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.94 oddness?

From: Bobby D. Bryant
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.94 oddness?
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:37:25 -0600

On 2003.04.14 17:11, Duncan wrote:

On Mon 14 Apr 2003 15:29, Bobby D. Bryant posted as excerpted below:

>  Occasionally I'll see a collapsed group that indicates by
> the font or color that there's an unread message in it somewhere, but > when I expand the thread there are no unread messages to be found. But
> if I close it again it still shows that there should be something
> unread inside.

This could be the result of ignored or low scored articles not being marked read, but not being displayed either, if you have it set that way. This type of issue is one of the reasons I've never found much use for such things -- I don't like having "unread" articles that I can't see. (Since I don't use that set of features, I can't say for sure that's the problem, but the symtoms and frustration are familiar from when I tried the idea last time.
It simply didn't work with the way I work.  <g>)

I don't do that either, for the same reason. Back when I was using rules I would just mark bozos' posts as read rather than deleting them, since you lose the thread structure otherwise. Now I don't have any rules or filters at all, and -9999 posts do show up in the header pane.

Surely this is something else? But I wanted to mention it so others could keep an eye out for it, to pin it down more specifically.

--
Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas