pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Crossposting w/o followup-to set.

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Crossposting w/o followup-to set.
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:02:50 -0700

On Sat 12 Apr 2003 14:15, Bobby D. Bryant posted as excerpted below:
> When crossposting to an article that currently triggers the
> "Crossposting without Followup-To set" warning, would it be possible to
> automatically set the followup-to to be the newsgroup that you read the
> article out of?
>
> Or for that matter, when you click send have a pop-up ask whether you
> want to (a) auto-set the follow-up or (b) auto-trim the crossposts and
> send to the current group only?

I really like this idea.  However, it must be a bit harder to code than we
might realize, because PAN puts a lot of emphasis on being GNKSA approved,
and the fact that one had to hand type in that sort of thing (with the
attendant chance of a typo, and not getting it to the right group) was
specifically mentioned in the GNKSA eval many versions ago (0.9??), with no
change yet.

Charles?  A lot has changed since then.  Is it something that could be done
yet without to much trouble, and/or is it something that can be done in the
short term, or is that still "bluesky"?

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin