pan-users

[Pan-users] Feature request - sort the downloads

From: David Anderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Feature request - sort the downloads
Date: 22 Mar 2003 17:40:47 -0000

Hello all,

I'm loving Pan!  Thanks so much for a great newsreader.  I do have a feature
request, though.  When downloading attachments, why have Pan stick everything
into just one directory?  Why not separate the downloads into subdirectories
based on the group's name?  For example, I download something from
alt.mpeg.videos.  Ideally I would like that to end up in
/home/<user>/News/pan/alt.mpeg.videos

I download a lot of binaries.  A feature like that makes it much easier for me
to organize my files and what not.  Just a thought.  I'm sure it's something
that could be optional too.

Regardless, I'll be making a tip to the tip jar very soon.  I really appreciate
the work you have done.

Thanks!

-Dave Anderson