pan-users

[Pan-users] [mdk90] 0.13.4 can't cancel own article

From: whiteboxr
Subject: [Pan-users] [mdk90] 0.13.4 can't cancel own article
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:43:19 +0000

Greetings  --

I work on a private news server and on occasion find I need to cancel an article
I've posted. I've just applied an upgrade from [mdk90nospell] default install -
0.13.0 to [mdk90nospell] 0.13.4 and now when I attempt to cancel am receiving an
error: Unable to cancel article: couldn't find article in folder 'pan.sent'.
This was not an issue in the previous version. It might be important to note
that the 0.13.0 version had a switch which allowed for choosing whether Pan or
the server assigned the message IDs. It was set to Pan assigns message IDs. I've
discovered this witch has been removed in later versions.

The articles are there; the message IDs are Pan assigned. My directory structure
is a little different than mentioned in previous posts. Pan has created .pan
with the .xml, .dat, .idx, etc. in the root .pan folder. There are two sub dirs:
'default': containing the subscribed newsgroup .dat/.idx files and a 'messages'
sub dir: containing two sub dirs called: 'cache' and 'folders'. The pan.sent is
in the 'folders' sub directory. This directory structure is identical to the one
created with the 0.13.0 version which didn't seem to have a problem finding
items in pan.sent To simplify, the path to my pan sent is
.pan/messages/folders/pan.sent

A co-worker running RH8.0 with a slightly different directory structure is not
having this problem. .pan/data/folders/pan.sent. I'm assuming (for lack of
better info) that the difference in directory structure is distro-specific[?].

I am eager for any suggestions that might lead to resolving this error or
insight into what I might be doing incorrectly. TIA for your time.

-
EJ
whiteboxr[at]att[dot]net