pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Can't download binaries

From: richard smith
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Can't download binaries
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:28:00 -0600

John Aldrich wrote:

On Monday 17 March 2003 07:35 pm, David Anderson wrote:

Downloading and installing the newest version has not helped.  The Yenc
decoding support is built into Pan, right?  I mean, I don't have to install
yenc separately, do I?

Well, Unfortunately, my news server doesn't keep enough binaries on the system for me to try decoding... :-( However, I determined that PAN *will* download and decrypt binaries.... at least standard ones. Maybe someone else here will be able to help you wiht Yenc binaries...

everything is automatic with yEnc. I've been downloading yEnc stuff for quite some time, since 0.12 I think... You don't need to do anything special for it to work either. Without knowing more, I wouldn't know what the problem is except a preferences problem.