pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan 0.13.91 -- scoring and colorizing.

From: Bobby D. Bryant
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.91 -- scoring and colorizing.
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 07:05:45 -0600

OK, I did the upgrade (RH 7.2, Garnome 0.19.5 for the GTK 2 stuff), and I'm getting used to the idea of scoring. Here are some quick observations and questions:

o In the edit-->preferences-->header_pane dialog you can set colorization for various levels of scoring, but the colorizations you choose don't "stick". When you click "apply" nothing happens, and if you "OK" exit the dialog and come back then the original colors are shown there again.

o I think I just figured this one out... There are four colorization options in the dialog mentioned above, but only three thresholds in the edit-->preferences-->scoring dialog. Do I take it that everything between "low score" and "very high score" is a "high scoring article" for the purposes of colorization?

o Are the custom filters going to go away when scoring is working to your satisfaction?

Thanks,
Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas