pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan email snag

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan email snag
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 13:42:09 +0100

Charles Kerr wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 10:10:24AM +0000, Brian Morrison wrote:
> > [...]
> > Could I have a setting that says "Use Reply-To address as From
> > address in mail replies"?
>
> Why not just add another profile with a valid From header?

When using "Followup and Reply", you won't be able to post a follow-up
with an invalid "From" at the same time as sending the same message by
email with a valid "From".

I've been missing such a feature myself, so I support Brian's request.
This should be a per-profile setting, not a global one.

An alternative could be an option to specify separate profiles for news
an email when using "Followup and Reply", but I guess that's more
complicated.  Besides, the method suggested by Brian also encourages
using a valid "Reply-To" when using an invalid "From".  To my knowledge,
the spam robots usually ignore "Reply-To".