pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan crashes in RH 8

From: John Aldrich
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan crashes in RH 8
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:44:32 -0500

I have RedHat 8.0 with all updates and it is crashing now when I try to run it
from remote. I'm connected to my RedHat 8.0 box from work via an ssh tunnel
and am running VNC to view my X desktop from work (Windows2000.)
As soon as I try to load one particular newsgroup, Pan crashes on me for some
reason... the group is spamcop.geeks on the news.spamcop.net server (that is
the only location for the "spamcop" newsgroups.) It was working fine until I
tried to load that group.
Again, I've got RH 8.0 here, with all the updates available installed...

I ran it in GDB and here's the output...
(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/pan
[New Thread 8192 (LWP 5977)]
[New Thread 16385 (LWP 5984)]
[New Thread 8194 (LWP 5985)]
[New Thread 16387 (LWP 5986)]
[New Thread 24580 (LWP 5987)]
[New Thread 32773 (LWP 5988)]
[New Thread 40966 (LWP 5989)]
[New Thread 49159 (LWP 5990)]
[New Thread 57352 (LWP 5991)]
[New Thread 65545 (LWP 5992)]
[New Thread 73738 (LWP 5993)]
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":1.0".
[New Thread 81931 (LWP 5995)]
[New Thread 90124 (LWP 5996)]

[Switching to Thread 8194 (LWP 5985)]
0x080c1570 in gtk_widget_grab_focus ()
(gdb) Quit

This is version 0.13.3.93-1, for what it's worth. I may see if there is a
newer version. I may also try the "no-spell" RPM, just for giggles.