pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Scoring update

From: Brad Sims
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Scoring update
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:08:19 -0600

On Saturday 22 February 2003 08:22 am, Duncan wrote:
>  Again, the temporary thing could be
> permanent at first, requiring manual "weeding" of the filters periodically.
>   However, support for expiration and/or gradual fading of scoring would be
> desirable in other areas as well, say like the expiring kill filter some
> readers offer.  Obviously, this would need to be an option, as many
> scorings would need to be permanent.

I too would like to see it an option... with SLRN when you apply
a score rule asks you the following questions:

Pick Score type: Subject, From, References, Edit, Cancel
Score: (default: =-9999)
Which newsgroups: This group, All groups
Expires (MM/DD/YYYY, DD-MM-YYYY, +NN (days) or leave blank)
Apply scorefile now? [Y]es, No

I think that this a nice way to do it; of course, I probably am wrong
and have been brainwashed by the evil slrn-beast. (a much nicer
fate than awaits those consumed by the emacs-thing  <g, d, r>)

I would like the abillity to edit a scorefile rule after I create it.
--
If space is warped, time is all that's weft.