pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Text Colours

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Text Colours
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 02:34:54 -0700

On Thu 20 Feb 2003 23:28, dave posted as excerpted below:
> Just installed Pan 0.13.2 on Mandrake 9.0. Is there any way of changing the
> colour of the text in the header pane, as in previous versions?. Also I
> miss the 'download headers and bodies in subscribed groups' function, is
> there any way of getting that, apart from the global one in prefs?.

0.13.2 is a bit old, now, for a fresh install, but .3 had a couple issues,
so.. .4 is soon to appear, I believe, but the .3.93 beta seems pretty stable
here, and includes some pretty decent new features, namely more efficient
multi-connections for downloading, if you use that feature.

The headers (or more precisely overviews) for all subscribed groups thing is
still available, but you are right, there's no direct overviews and bodies
menu option for all groups, now.  However, it can be done by creating a rule
to do it when you d/l overviews for all groups.  Create a filter matching
everything, then create a rule using that filter, set it to the groups you
want it to d/l automatically, and set the action to retrieve body.  Now, when
you d/l "headers" (actually overviews, but...) it will trigger the rule and
get the bodies as well.  This way, you can set the d/l bodies option by
newsgroup, which is handy if you subscribe to both binary groups you may not
want to d/l EVERYTHING from, and text groups you do.

That should do it!

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin