pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Regexp debugging

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Regexp debugging
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:06:22 -0700

On Sat 15 Feb 2003 04:45, Jean-Marc posted as excerpted below:
> I'm trying to use regexps to filter out some articles
> for example the following regexp :
> [\[\(\{][ \t]*[Mm][ \t]*[\]\}\)]
> to get rid off articles with a subject containing (m) or [M] for
> example.
>
> However this doesn't seem to work. Is there an obvious flaw I don't see
> in my regexp or isn't it in the good format ?

You didn't mention which version of PAN.  A recent one (0.13.3.90, IIRC, or
maybe .91) broke some of the filtering, but it's fixed in the latest beta
(.93).  Eliminating that as a possibility is useful for determining if it's
worth tracing further, or not.

BTW, Charles mentioned he's working on adding scoring now, altho I think he's
planning that after 0.13.4 stable, so the entire filtering code is likely to
change shortly.  Tracking down a current issue might not be worth a huge
amount of effort, but OTOH, a small fix now might keep the same possible
issue out of the new code, so it's worth reporting.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin