pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan and gnet-1.3.0

From: jpiszcz
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan and gnet-1.3.0
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:44:30 -0500

Same problem here.

Jean Ribiere wrote:

As gnetlibrary is required for pan, I have installed the latest
release : gnet-1.3.0.

When I try to compile pan-0.13.3.91 or the latest CVS iget the
following message :
 checking for gnet-config... no
 checking for GNET - version >= 1.1.5... no
 *** The gnet-config script installed by GNet could not be found
 *** If GNet was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
 *** your path, or set the GNET_CONFIG environment variable to the
 *** full path to gnet-config.
 configure: error: Cannot find GNet: Is gnet-config in path?

The problem is to test if gnet is installed, a test verifies if
gnet-config is present but this file is no longer installed in
gnet-1.3.0, cf NEWS of this release :

 Changes in Gnet
 1.3.0 ("Tomacco" DEVELOPERS release)
 -----
 * IPv6 support
 * Server, Conn, URI, and Unix modules are no longer "experimental"
 * Header files are now in gnet-1.3
 * gnet-config removed.  Use pkg-config.
 * Many API changes