pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature req.: background retrive

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature req.: background retrive
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:35:15 -0700

On Tue 04 Feb 2003 09:44, Holger Morgen posted as excerpted below:
> Iam thinking of makeing a small, simple util to get "tasks" done in the
> background -> (while user is logged off and / or X not running) or even on a
> diffrent machine.
>
> Am  I wasting my time doing this? Should I RTFM because pan can already do
> this? Should I look at pan itself and make a -b / --background option?

This is on the slate of things to do, basically, allow PAN to be run from the
command line, with a switch to activate it with a special, permanent, tasks
file, no GUI.  I don't recall seeing it as being there, yet, but a patch for
that purpose would indeed likely be appreciated.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin