pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan-0.13.3 configure error

From: Dave Hill
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan-0.13.3 configure error
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 00:39:54 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Dave Rhodes wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm having configure problems with pan-0.13.3 on sparc solaris;
> SunOS 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000
>
> When I run ./configure I get:
> [stuff snipped]
> checking how to link with libiconv... -liconv
> checking for iconv declaration...
>          extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, const char * *inbuf, size_t
> *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
> checking preferred charset formats for system iconv... not found
> configure: error:
>         *** The iconv-detect program was unable to determine the
>         *** preferred charset formats recognized by your system
>         *** iconv library. It is suggested that you install a
>         *** working iconv library such as the one found at
>         *** ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv

You need to look at config.log to find out why the test program wouldn't
compile or run.

It should look something like this (this is from the CVS version but you
get the idea...)

configure:7584: checking preferred charset formats for system iconv
configure:7603: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 [snip rest of long line]
conftest$configure:7606: $? = 0
configure:7608: ./conftest
System prefers iso-8859-1
System prefers iso-2022-jp
System prefers iso-10646
configure:7611: $? = 0
configure:7614: result: found

--
Dave Hill, Kempston, Bedford UK                 address@hidden

I looked up the word 'paranoid' in the dictionary. It said 'what do you
want to know for?' Interestingly, I couldn't find the word 'camouflage'
anywhere...                             "MadDanEccles" on alt.fan.goons