pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Hello There (OT)\

From: John LeMay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Hello There (OT)\
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:33:45 -0000

Daniel Rahn wrote:

Check whether your hardware clock is set to GMT, and then check whether
your system clock is set to the correct timezone and is currently
running with the correct time.

Delete /etc/adjtime.

hwclock --systohc

When you reboot the system next time, see whether your clock is set
correctly.

Close. Tried all that and I was still five hours off (obviously a GMT vs local time issue). Found the "hardware clock is set to" option via yast2 and changed it from "gmt" to "local". Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! By the way, shouldn't SuSE start calling it "UTC" now? GMT was depreciated years ago.

Now I'm *WAY* off topic. I say we drop the thread.

--
John LeMay
KC2KTH