pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Signatures?

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Signatures?
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:17:08 -0600

> Yes..  After 9/11, I found myself disturbed by the developing loss of
> liberty,
> supposedly to more effectively fight the war against terrorism.

I agree completely. I find it highly disturbing that we now have a
'Department of Homeland Security'... they had one of those in the Soviet
Union too; it was called the KGB.

I also take to heart the warning that someone gave, when they noticed that
declaring a 'war on terrorism', is declaring war not on a particular
*thing*, but on an *idea*... which means that it can never be won; so the
powers that be, don't ever have to give up their bungs in that public pork
barrel.

Don't ever think that there will be a lack of 'enemies' in the war on
terrorism. Governments *always* find enemies, in order to justify their
existences; enemies within the state, if they can't readily find them outside
of it.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator