pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Hello There (OT)

From: John LeMay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Hello There (OT)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 12:22:40 -0500

Anna wrote:

Well there is more on this earth then Mandrake ?
Thinking about something else but don't know yet :-)

Gr. Anna

Anna,

Not to turn the list into a forum for distro pros/cons, but I just migrated away from Mandrake recently. After looking at what was available, I decided on SuSE. It's a well put together distro that is only a bit more complex to install than Drake was. As for actually using it, I've found it to "just plain work" unlike a lot of my experience with Drake (especially when it came to fonts and 3D support).

I compared RedHat, Debian, Slack, Gentoo, SuSE, and Drake when I made my decision. RedHat is too geared for the server market right now, Debian is nice but still requires a PhD to install, Slack's future seems questionable even though it is still a nice distro with some real hardcore supporters, and Gentoo seemed a bit to niche for what I wanted.

--
John LeMay
KC2KTH