pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan for Windows, Beta 5

From: J.B. Moreno
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan for Windows, Beta 5
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:21:15 -0500

On 1/20/03 4:06 PM, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom at <address@hidden> wrote:

> for those of us who have never used a newsreader with scoring (I've only
> used agent and pan extensively), could you enlighten us as to how scoring
> works?

Scoring means having filters that assign a value to a post, each filter
(potentially) adding it's bit to whether or not a post is good or bad.

i.e.
    1. posted by regular who I deeply admire
    3. on a topic I am interested in
    4. to multiple groups
    5. whatever

Each filter has a positive or negative number that it adds into the mix, and
at the end you've either got something you like or don't.

--
J.B. Moreno