pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] windows version

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] windows version
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:43:42 -0700

On Tue 14 Jan 2003 16:54, Vadim Berezniker posted as excerpted below:
> metonymy wrote:
> > I'm new to pan. I downloaded the windows version
> > today and installed it. Both pan and the gtk toolkit
> > installed without messages.
> >
> > However, when I try to start pan it crashes.
>
> Read the list archives.
> There are recent threads on the windows version of pan.

Indeed.  PAN is very early in its Windows development, basically Alpha stage,
and isn't stable or even necessarily runable on most MS systems, yet.  The
last I read, the GTK toolkit is missing something in its install, including a
registery entry, probably registering one of its DLLs.  Read the list archive
for the details, or if you aren't used to running alpha/beta (not ready for
general release in terms of reliability) software, consider waiting a couple
months, and trying the latest version then.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin