pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How do i configure time-to-retry

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How do i configure time-to-retry
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:08:27 -0700

On Sun 12 Jan 2003 11:22, Peter Dobbs posted as excerpted below:
> If i get a connect failure, it seems to retry about every
> 5 seconds.
>
> Is this value configurable , and if so where ? I'd like to
> boost that up to about 60 seconds.
>
> I'm using 0.13.0 on Mandrake

I'll second that.  I'd like about 30 seconds here, I think, altho sometimes it
seems to long, here, maybe a minute, now.  Mdk 9.1 Cooker, PAN 0.13.3.  I'd
be OK w/ it just being a config file edit only, if I knew it was there and
what it was.

A helpful bit might be to put a new status in the task list, such that if a
connection fails, the list then shows something like "trying, 30s" on the
item that it will try next for that failed connection.  Of course, time
count-down would be nice, but not absolutely necessary, the idea being to
give the user a bit of feedback so he knows PAN itself isn't stuck there.

Talking about feedback...  But let me start another thread with this, separate
suggestion I have cooking..

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin