pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: merge groups.

From: James Hawtin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature request: merge groups.
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:23:17 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Duncan wrote:

> > In my experience (pan 0.13.1) articles downloaded in one group are marked
> > with the "cache" symbol in others that it appears. Articles are only
> > marked saved or read if you are currently viewing the group they are
> > contained in.
>
> Hmm..  I think you are correct.  I've been having them d/l to cache lately,
> then view them in the group, then save them if desired, then delete them, so

Well, myself wanting merged groups and having suggested it in a slightly
different format a while back I thought I would have a look at the code,
managed to fix my version so articles were marked saved if a different
group was selected but when I saw how things were stored relised that it
would be very hard/compelete hack to do cross posted and arctiles on a
different server without a central database of what has been downloaded.
So I am waiting with baited breath for this feature :-) But I realise that
stability and other issued needed to be addressed with more priory.

(I would a merge view of the same group on different servers, great for
binaries)

Keep up the good work.

James