pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] None

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] None
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:19:58 -0700

I installed it today on W2K, same result as most of the others have posted, the wizard hangs during the startup.

Jim

Charles Kerr wrote:

After clicking on the icon, a DOS window spawned with a couple of messages.

What were the messages?

I reran the install on a different workstation (Windows 2000 Pro SP3) and got
the same messages.
** Message: ``C:'' smells like a windows pathname. skipping mkdir().
** Message: ``C:'' smells like a windows pathname. skipping mkdir().
** Message: ``C:'' smells like a windows pathname. skipping mkdir().
** Message: ``C:'' smells like a windows pathname. skipping mkdir().

Although those messages aren't helpful and I'll remove them before the next
release,
they don't actually indicate that anything's wrong.

Anyone else have success or failure stories on running the pan windows
installer?

cheers,
Charles