pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Needed feature

From: Gregg
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Needed feature
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:29:41 -0600 (CST)

In an ideal world I could sit and watch, and only queue up a little bit at
a time.  But with binary posts you cant really tell the size of them so
your queues can be over the limit, then it sits and tries until it fails
and the posts become fails. Then I have to Wait and click retry on them.

And sorting through the 30+ groups I use is hard enough, If I can only
pick one or 2 files from each group to stay under the limit.  Its easier
to queue up everything I want from the groups, and let it go, when it hits
the limit I stop it until the next day.  Otherwise its just a nightmare.

What I need is the ability to say "stop processing this server" and "start
processing this server again".

As for the merging of headers from all the servers. Its great when
grabbing new posts.  But for 1 of the servers I use, it has almost 30 days
retention and I just went back and queued up about everything i wanted
from 4 groups that I didnt know existed until today.  Put my tasks list
over 3000, and it can only grab a small amount of that at a time.  I dont
want to let it try 3 times and fail on that many, slamming the server like
that isnt very nice of me.

Im not complaining, I love pan.  I havent found anything on linux that
comes close to its interface (at least for my personal tastes.)  I just
need a feature like this and thing it would be very usefull to many
people.

Gregg