pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] About colors of read and watched messages...

From: Maurizio Colucci
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] About colors of read and watched messages...
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:27:19 +0100

On Friday 13 December 2002 00:01, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
> I think a nice intuitive solution would be to use a light - medium -
> dark color scheme for read - unread - new, and just use different color
> schemes for the watched and unwatched variants of that typology.

I'm against. :-P
In my opinion, more than two colors are unintuitive.

Furthermore, we are assigning the same kind of identification (color) to
different concepts (watched and read)...

why on earth would you do that?

I still can't see what's wrong with marking watched threads with an icon (as
opposite to color). Forte Agent does that and it worked for years. Probably I
didn't stress one thing enough: the icon would only appear besides WATCHED
messages. Unwatched messages would have no icon.

So even though it is an icon, it leaps to the eye.

Comments appreciated!

bye,
Maurizio