pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.2.91 RPM for RH7.3 segfaults on Mandrake

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.2.91 RPM for RH7.3 segfaults on Mandrake
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:20:00 -0700

On Thu 05 Dec 2002 17:10, Gollum posted as excerpted below:
> Perhaps you've upgraded aspell from 0.33.x to 0.50.x?  It looks like
> Pan or gtkspell doesn't work with the new aspell.  I wished they had
> called the new aspell something else, like "bspell", so the new and
> old aspell+pspell could coexist peacefully without too much hassle.

I do expect that's it, but depending on the gtkspell version I load, some of
them seem to load but not find the language pack for "en".  It's interesting
that it's looking for "en", rather than "en-us", and it's almost as if I
could finess the problem by creating a symlink somewhere if I knew where to
look or something.  I already tried changing all the language related
environmental variables, and creating a symlink or two between files that I
could find, but it isn't quite working.

KDE seems to spell check fine, although it doesn't do it real time -- I have
to push the spellcheck button in KMail or whatever,  and seldom do, but it
works when I do.  PAN's the only thing GTK2 related that I'd like spell
checking on, and it doesn't work, there.

I have upgraded to the 0.50 versions, I think, out of Cooker, which might be
it.  However, one would think that GTK was as far ahead in that respect as
KDE, yet KDE works and PAN/GTK doesn't.  Maybe GTK is insisting on 0.33 after
all, while KDE works with 0.50 just fine.  <shrug>

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin