pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.2.91 RPM for RH7.3 segfaults on Mandrake

From: Gollum
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.2.91 RPM for RH7.3 segfaults on Mandrake
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 01:10:17 +0100

Duncan wrote:
> 2) Perhaps that I used the RH 7.1 package is the explanation.
> However, I think that unlikely.

The Redhat 7.x RPMs are identical, as far as I can see.  (Two of the
directories might just be symlinks.)

> (I've used 7.3 b4 w/ no issues, but I
> was attempting to see if the 7.1 version would fix spell checking,
> which doesn't seem to work, but says spellcheck disabled and
> continues, now.)  It's perhaps somewhat more likely that it might be
> that 9.1 Cooker makes the difference.

Perhaps you've upgraded aspell from 0.33.x to 0.50.x?  It looks like
Pan or gtkspell doesn't work with the new aspell.  I wished they had
called the new aspell something else, like "bspell", so the new and
old aspell+pspell could coexist peacefully without too much hassle.