pan-users

[Pan-users] GPG sigs? True filtering on all headers and body targeted f

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] GPG sigs? True filtering on all headers and body targeted for when?
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:02:22 -0700

Presumably, there's a way to use the executable sig generator mechanism to
include a GPG signature, for verification purposes.  I'm a regular in a
newsgroup now being targeted for offensive posts and forged sender handles.
GPG sigs would provide me a way to verify the posts came from me, not someone
else.  Anyone doing it that can give me some pointers, as I have GPG
installed, but haven't even generated a private/public key pair, yet, so
don't really know what I am doing.

Also..  PAN now seems to only have the ability to filter on title and author.
When is filtering on headers such as NNTP-Posting-Host and Organization, as
well as full body filtering (yes, I know that requires d/ling the message
body, but that's better than seeing the offensive article) scheduled to be
added?  I wish I was advanced enough at programming to try coding and
contributing the feature myself, but I'm not there, yet.  The happenings in
this group look to be getting a bit nasty, and I'd rest a bit easier if my
reader was a bit better equipped to handle what may come without causing me
grief. I'm presuming that falls under scoring, so is a 0.14 targeted feature?
I know it'd certainly come in handy, now, but understand if it's going to be
some time off, altho it's unfortunately possible I may have to switch readers
temporarily at least for that group, if so, the way things appear to be
headed, and I understandably would rather stick with PAN, if possible.

FWIW, the group is soc.religion.quaker, which although I'm not one, has
welcomed me, and tends to discussion of stuff like freedom, and general
morality, that I am very interested in, as well as the quaker specific stuff.
There's been a troll bringing some grief to the group, forged posts, and now
a bunch of offensive hate-filled cross-posts attacking homosexuals and the
Catholic church, in particular.  Signed messages would help combat the
forgery, and powerful filtering would eliminate at least for me the
hate-speech, making things far easier, here.  Take a stroll thru the group
and I'm sure you'll see why I find the need so personally urgent.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin