pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Single-click in 0.13.2.90

From: Jim Reiss
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Single-click in 0.13.2.90
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 10:07:31 -0700 (MST)

> There are still a lot of two-button mice around.  Middle-clicking by
> pressing both buttons simultaneously can be a little unreliable, so
> middle button functions should also be available by other means.
>
> I think it would be sensible to bring the option back.  And again I
> would ask the developers to stop removing options.  There are not
> that many options in Pan's preferences menu, actually quite few when
> compared to e.g. Gravity.
And if the complexity of the GUI is the issue, maybe some configuration
options could be available only in a user preferences file...there's
a precedent for that in Mozilla and I'm sure other applications as well.
Some of these things you're only going to choose once and don't need to
have access to the setting on a regular basis.