pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Supersede doesn't work or is it me...?

From: Christian Lohmaier
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Supersede doesn't work or is it me...?
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:08:45 +0100

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:13:42AM +0100, Chill wrote:
> Bonjour CRH,
>
> Le 18/11/2002, à06:24, vous avez écrit sur le sujet [Pan-users] Re: Supersede
> doesn't work or is it me...?:
>
> C> My mail server, news.earthlink.net also barfs on Pan's message ID
> C> generation. In previous versios I disabled this but there is no way to
> C> disable it in 0.13.2.
>
> Thanks a lot for your answer.
>
> Does that mean, that I should "downgrade"?

I'd prefer nagging Charles and/or Christophe (or somebody else with some
programming skills) to reimplement this feature (could be a path to the
'official sources' or whatever) ;->>

I heard some time ago that a newsserver is responsible for generating
MSG-IDs - not the newsreader. But maybe this was wrong - I can't tell..

ciao
Christian