pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Posting Binaries

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Posting Binaries
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 06:04:22 -0700

On Thursday 14 November 2002 16:10, Gollum wrote:
> If I remember correctly, the UI for attachments that was present in
> 0.13.0 was quite OK, except for fooling users to believe that Pan
> actually could post binaries.  It's removed in 0.13.2, at least in the
> RPM that I use, which is the sensible thing to do until posting
> attachments actually works.

Interesting... I wasn't aware that it had been removed, until you mentioned
it, and I went to check.  I'd have liked to see it stay, if only to
demonstrate that it WAS being worked on, but with a text label added
somewhere on the tab saying, in BIG BOLD LETTERS, **FUNCTIONALITY ON THIS TAB
HAS NOT BEEN IMPLIMENTED YET.**   Or, the same could be popped up in a
message, one the post button was hit, similar to the GNKSA warnings...  (I
was one that posted a whole bunch of tests, only to find out it wasn't
implimented yet.  <crooked grin>)

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin