pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] On moving through articles with the spacebar (Poss. feat

From: Eric Ortega
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] On moving through articles with the spacebar (Poss. feature Req?)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:01:56 -0800

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 01:43:49AM -0700, Duncan wrote:

> If you want it to skip read articles, set the filter to not show read
> articles, and set it to show matching articles only (not upline references,
> not the entire thread, not replies, ONLY matched articles).  Then, that's
> what it does.  If within a session you have skipped around, and want to go
> back and read unread articles only, reload the group.

Well, this is one nay.  :)

I think that that's too fancy, though.  I don't want to mess around with
filters in order to make space work like it does in many other email
programs.  To me, it makes sense to go to the next unread article since
that's presumably what you're doing as you're spacing along, reading new
articles.

You can already hit down arrow to go to the next article.  It's also nice
to have the whole thread there to see where you are in it.