pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Multiple Server support for PAN: Need a spec

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Multiple Server support for PAN: Need a spec
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:44:29 -0700

On Monday 21 October 2002 06:57, Gorwood, Steve wrote:
[snipped]

Just a heads up...

There's a REASON PAN doesn't parse HTML!   It doesn't belong in news messages,
because it is a security risk, and a good portion of HTML formatted messages
are spam anyway.

It doesn't belong in mail, either, for the same reasons.  My highest priority
filter sends all HTML formatted messages to the trash, and the only reason I
saw this one I am replying to, is because I happened to check the trash
before I emptied it.  I figure if you need HTML formatting to artificially
emphasize your message, it must be because the content wasn't worth reading
on its own, anyway.  Have you ever asked yourself why so many spammers use
it?  The place for HTML is on the web, not in mail or news.

Please, folks, keep your HTML off the list, or a portion of the audience won't
see your messages.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin