pan-users

[Pan-users] All hail discordia!

From: Malverian ...
Subject: [Pan-users] All hail discordia!
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:30:34 -0400

This has absolutely nothing to do with Pan development or use, but after seeing "It's always funny until somebody immanentizes the eschaton" and of course after realizing the existance of ddate, I began to wonder what it is that brought on this strong discordianism in the Linux community.

Unless I'm mistaken that quote came from a situation described in a book entitled the "Illuminatus Trilogy". Please correct me if I'm wrong, and point me to the original source!

In fact I do have a legitimate question to ask regarding Pan use. I don't remember exactly when this began happening, but Pan now abbreviates all of my Group names in the format of "a.b.m.s.cd_complete". Basically it gives the first letter of every part except for the last. Is there a way to turn this back to the way it was before? Thanks guys.