pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.0.92 on Mandrake 9.0 and dependencies (also rel

From: John J. LeMay Jr.
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.0.92 on Mandrake 9.0 and dependencies (also relevant for 8.x)
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:24:15 -0400

** Reply to message from Gollum <address@hidden> on Sun, 13 Oct 2002 08:20:28
+0200

> Since neither Mandrake 8.1, 8.2 nor 9.0 seem to provide
> libstdc++.so.4, I suggest making the libstdc++3.1 RPM available
> for download on http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/extras/.
> (Although a rebuilt gtkspell should be much smaller.)

I actually just finished up the 0.13.1 packages for 8.2 and sent them over
(including a "nospell" version with gtkspell disabled). I also tried the
package out on 9.0 and it seems to work just as well there (I'm using mostly
9.0 packages wherever I needed to upgrade to meet Pan requirements, so this is
no big shock).

Sounds like you may have stumbled upon the solution to the gtkspell-related
crashing problem. By any chance did you try using the Mandrake-blessed version
of gtkspell, libgtkspell0? I haven't tried it here yet, but that was the next
thing I was thinking of playing with on my 9.0 box (of course getting Mandrake
to work nicely on that i845G chipset would be nice, too).

By the way, can we move this over to the devel list? Seems more appropriate.

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant