pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Multiple Server Question (possibly suggestion)

From: Eric Ortega
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Multiple Server Question (possibly suggestion)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:42:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Charles Kerr wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 09:00:42AM -0700, Eric Ortega wrote:
<snip>

> > This functionality has been on the TODO list since 1999.
>
> And *still* nobody's submitted a patch for it!  Free software projects are
> *supposed* to leave in missing features to draw in unwitting programmers!
> Clearly you, the users, are not living up to your side of the deal. ;)

I know you're joking, but I just want to make clear that I didn't mean to
imply that this functionality should have already been added a long time
ago.  I was simply trying to point out that "we" have been well aware that
a group-centric approach would be nice for a long, long time now.

Kind of like, "Yeah, that would be great.  Let's write that down.  Oh, it's
already there.  With a checkmark ... and an asterisk.  And a footnote which
says 'Nontrivial'."