pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan on OS X / Jaguar

From: Max Horn
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan on OS X / Jaguar
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:50:29 +0200

At 9:09 Uhr -0700 28.09.2002, Charles Kerr wrote:
On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 02:46:52PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
 At 16:16 Uhr -0400 27.09.2002, Bob Koss wrote:
 >On 9/27/02 9:04 AM, "Max Horn" <address@hidden> wrote:
 >

 >> Pan compiles just fine over here. What errors do you get exactly?
 >> What versions of the stuff are you using exactly?
 >

 >I'm running OS X 10.2.1. I have a fresh install of Fink.
 >
 >If I use Fink to install Pan (0.12), it fails because none of the mirrors
 >seem to have orbit-0.5.17.

 The problem is that the mirrors of all gnome sources recently were
 changed (sigh). You can however get the source file manually from
 http://us.dl.sourceforge.net/fink/direct_download/source/ and then
 put it into the /sw/src directory, Fink will automatically find it
 then.

WTF?  Pan doesn't require orbit, or anything else higher than gtk2...

No it doesn't depend on orbit, but apparently something it depends on does. When I say "depends" here, I am talking in terms of Fink package depenencies. Not sure how that comes, I will look into it.

IN the meantime I'll look into packaging 0.13.0 (didn't even know that it was out till I just looked at the Pan homepage).

Max
Max Horn
Software Developer

email: <mailto:address@hidden>