pan-users

Bug# 93448 [Re: [Pan-users] Article selection]

From: Himanshu J. Gohel
Subject: Bug# 93448 [Re: [Pan-users] Article selection]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 17:53:05 -0700

"Jacob Ilsø Christensen" asked:

> I have a question regarding selecting multiple articles via the shift
> and arrow keys. Is it intended behaviour that releasing shift and
> pressing it again starts a new selection instead of extending the
> present selection?

Hello Jacob,

I'm using Pan 0.11.4, and I see the same behavior as you describe.  I
think this is a bug.  Just to restate, the behavior I expect (and I think
you do too) is:

After the first selection, if SHIFT key is held down for the next
selection, the selection should be extended to include all the items from
the first selection to the present one, in either direction (up or down).
One can continue to change the selection, but if the SHIFT key is held
down AT THE TIME OF SELECTION then the selection should be extended from
the original selection, not the previous selection.

At present this works, BUT with the caveat that if you release the SHIFT
key and press it again, Pan seems to restart the selection from the
previously selected to the new one, rather than from the original
selection to the current one.

I filed a bug on this: bug id# 93448, please add your name to it if you'd
like.  Charles (and Pan team), this may have something to do with bug id
82901 also?

Himanshu