pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan & BSD

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan & BSD
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 02:25:39 -0400

Hi all:

  It's pretty simple, I compiled and installed the packages in the
order mentioned in the instructions, until I got to the error:
(the last one I just installed) must be installed before you can install
this one.  It doesn't help to re-compile and re-install the previous
one, when I re-compile and re-install the second one, it results in
the same error.  I am just a user and there are not sufficient clues
to help me figure it out what is wrong or what I can do about it.
  I haven't return to this project for a very long time, I don't
remember where I got stopped.
  I am happily using Pan 0.11.4 under enlightenment, with very few troubles.
I download whatever is still on my server by the time I discover it, I
do not run pan every day and my cable server/s have a 3 day retention for
binaries. (so I miss a few goodies)  Some day I will get back to this
project and move forward with it.  (the upgrade materials are on the
HD and a CD-R)  (my comment quoted here was because several
recommendations to upgrade to 0.12 failed to mention the dependency
issue)  I don't remember having to change anything to use pan before,
my distros. must have had it all already.  (always Slackware)

  I wonder how long it is going to be before someone mentions
the FIVE part dependency that Gtk 2.0 requires,
the stuff that keeps me from up-grading pan past 0.11.4  .
(I just upgraded to Slackware 8.1 which comes with Gtk 1.4  )

I've heard this before and still don't understand this point of view.
Upgrading Pan is easier than it has *ever* been.

     Pan 0.13.0 uses:          Pan 0.10.0 used:

     * gtkspell (optional)     * libgtkhtml
     * gtk2                    * libgal
     * pango                   * libcapplet
* atk * gnome-print * glib2 * gnome-vfs
     * libxml2                 * libglade
                               * libgnomeui
                               * libgnome
                               * libart_gpl
                               * GConf
                               * Orbit2
                               * libcrypto
                               * gnome-mime-data
                               * libesd
                               * audiofile
                               * bonobo
                               * gdk-pixbuf
                               * libdb
                               * libxml
                               * gtk
                               * glib

       73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron address@hidden
    100% LINUX, since July, 1997   SENT Time and Date are UTC
       Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm