pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 2 Feature Requests

From: J.B. Moreno
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 2 Feature Requests
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 22:10:54 -0400

On 8/6/02 11:57 AM, Himanshu J. Gohel at <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi J.B.,
>
> I followed the URL, and unfortunately that has nothing to do with the main
> topic of discussion which is allowing the users various options to quote the
> message (and parts of the message by selection).  The survey you pointed us
> to deals with just the signature.
>
> Sorry for the late followup.

No problem, I've been gone for the last week anyway.

As for the URL not having to do with the main issue -- I thought I'd made
that clear in my original message, it was just a similar situation.  The
point I was making (on the topic of the main issue) is that quoting just the
selected text is so common qualify as "standard behavior" and thus doesn't
need either documentation or justification for being the default behavior in
a client.

If it wasn't for the fact that OE and NS don't do so (and their users
tendency to not even try anything else), it'd be the rare user indeed who
wouldn't be aware of it

--
J.B. Moreno