pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How is the sent date determined?

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How is the sent date determined?
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:24:22 -0600

If I recall correctly, it's based on workstation time unless the news
server forces the time to be set differently (I know that Webusenet's
Twister product can force its time onto the messages).

5 hours different would be the offset you're working from, from the date
header on your message; so I would guess that your workstation is set to
utc.  On my system there's a binary file, /etc/localtime, that contains
my time zone information.

On my system, dateconfig can be used to adjust the time/date, timezone
settings, and whether or not the clock is set to utc or not.

Jim