pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Wish List

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Wish List
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 07:33:54 -0700

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 01:20:23AM -0400, Marcelo Flores wrote:
> Hey,
>
> As I said on my previous e-mail, there a couple of things that I'd love
> to see implemented:
>
> 1. In a lot of the a.b.p.* groups one post often includes more than one
> attachment. As far as I know Pan only allows you to download all the
> attachments. It would be great if you could select individual attachments
> for download. That would be really cool

Well, Usenet articles are just bodies of text; it's only after we
download the article and parse it up that we can tell what the
attachments are.  So selectively downloading specific attachments
probably isn't feasable with the current NNTP protocol.

> 2. Are there any plans to include posting attachments? That right
> now is the only reason why I still use Windows and Agent...

Single-post attachments (ie, pictures) will be ready for 0.13.0.
Multiparts (mp3s, isos) will probably take longer to get right.

cheers,
Charles