pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing

From: Alen Williams
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan needs some serious fixing
Date: 17 Jul 2002 16:25:46 -0700

> > you struck a nerve. Call me a criminal, but like a lot of people out
> > there, I download music and movies from the Usenet. Worst yet, I don't
> > feel guilty about it at all, hehe. (hardened criminal?)Now, most of
> > those movies are posted in 15Mb chunks, which are multipart. Pan only
> > gets the first partand ignores the rest. It may take a while to
> > download 15Mb chunk and if there is about 50 of them, which is typical
> > for a CD size post, it will be tedious to sit there and click save for
> > every article.Another reason for that feature is that I may want to
>       [...etc...]

It has to be said, you're not making yourself look so great here. Dude I
set my ADSL line on fire every single day with the amount of binary
downloads I do, all day long literally, all very hapilly with Pan.

> > mess, but I'll have to say this. You being a developer of Pan, haveyou
> > actually used Pan for anything else but reading "news"? Usenet these
> > days is much more than just for"reading articles". Binary groups are
> > probably the bulk of Usenet and a newreader has to handle them tobe of
>
>       Ack!!! Thphtfff!!!  Go thou and readeth Pan's home page, fer cryin' out
> loud, or the list archives, then perhaps you might see the relationship
> between Pan and binaries!

No doubt. I mean really, there's more than just text on Usenet? Wow, and
all this time we never knew... You are making yourself look quite
foolish, you should really learn how to use the tool you are slagging
off.

Alen.