pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Toolbar Second Draft, Feedback Wanted

From: jef_e
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Toolbar Second Draft, Feedback Wanted
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:53:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Charles Kerr wrote:

> Okay, here's a second draft of the toolbar:
>
>               http://pan.rebelbase.com/toolbar.png

        I don't much use the toolbar, as I use pan in tabbed mode.
However, I think most of the new icons are a bit more suitable. I see
where the magnifying glass could be a bit confusing.

        Someone mentioned the flag being a bit hard to make out... perhaps
making it a checkered flag would help it stand out a bit, rather than just
being a greyish/bluish curvy thing :)

> Problems I'd like second opinions on:
>   * If "forward via email" and "reply via email" are added, how
>     can we distinguish between Usenet and email?  (icons or screenshots
>     from other programs are welcomed, since I'm not much of an artist. :)

        It might be best to only use the Envelope icon to indicate mail
related functions?? And perhaps use the book icon, or a sheet of paper
icon to indicate articles?

        Just my 2 cents... keep up the good work Pan team!

        jef