pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] All the sudden, my Pan v0.12 broke on both of my Red Hat

From: Phillip Pi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] All the sudden, my Pan v0.12 broke on both of my Red Hat Linux 7.x boxes!
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 01:04:24 -0700 (PDT)

> I wasn't running Pan while upgrading freetype package according to my
> post:
> http://mail.freesoftware.fsf.org/pipermail/pan-users/2002-June/001069.html
> I wasn't able to run Pan due to: pan: relocation error:
> /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Get_Next_Char
>
> I don't run Pan idled since it takes up a lot of RAM.
>
> > The next time you started Pan the new freetype binaries will have been
> > in place, so Pan had a problem.
> >
> > I concur with the above suggestions - either install a different binary
> > or get the Pan SRPM and recompile it yourself.
>
> I can try the SRPM, but I think my old 7.1 box doesn't know how to use rpm
> --rebuild even though it is v4.04. I will follow up on the rebuild one.

I am trying SRPM method, but somehow my rpm doesn't know --rebuild?

address@hidden download]# ls -all *.src.rpm
-rw-rw-r--    1 ant      ant       1648661 Jun 18 12:34
pan-0.12.0-1.src.rpm
address@hidden download]# rpm --rebuild pan-0.12.0-1.src.rpm
pan-0.12.0-1.src.rpm: No such file or directory
address@hidden download]# rpm --version
RPM version 4.0.4

I looked at "man rpm" and both rebuild and recompile were listed, but rpm
--help didn't show them. Am I do something wrong or have an outdated rpm
version (I thought v4.0.4 was supposed to have it or was I wrong?)?

Thank you in advance.