pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Followup crash pan v0.12.0

From: Christopher Ranschaert
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Followup crash pan v0.12.0
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:16:28 +0200

My lazy mistake for the replying, sorry :)
I made it a new one

>> I encountered a crash in pan 0.12.0 when trying to follow-up to a posting.
>> There's a thread in be.comp.os.linux called "X start niet".
>> From the original poster, I can't bring up the headers of the posting, it
just
>> shows an empty space, and when I try to follow up on his postings, pan
>> crashes.
>> [...]
>
>I just tried this now: I can see the headers and can create
>follow-ups/replies to all articles in that thread.  Would it be possible
>for you to generate a backtrace ? http://pan.rebelbase.com/bugs
>
>Thanks,
>Christophe
>
>PS: please don't create new threads by replying to existing ones.
>Especially not threads on 'my packaging method is better than yours'. :)

I tried the backtracing method, but it fails unfortunately.
I can get pan to start but when I come to load the headers it freezes, so I
can't get to do a decent backtrace.

I did start it from the command-line this time, and came up with the following
when I went to that particular posting:

** (pan:29383): WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 sequence encountered
(pan:29383): pan-CRITICAL **: file gui-headers.c: line 71 (find_breakpoint):
assertion `is_nonempty_string(str)' failed

When i close pan after this, it gives a Segmentation Fault.

Is there any way I can change the encoding somewhere?

Hopefully it helps.

Cheers,

Christopher