pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.11.92 nit picks

From: Thomas Gamble
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.11.92 nit picks
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 17:53:00 -0600

On Sunday 19 May 2002 08:07 pm, Charles Kerr Pontificated:
> On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 09:52:30AM -0600, Thomas Gamble wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 May 2002 07:23 am, Charles Kerr Pontificated:
> > > Oh, bother. :)
> > >
> > > This is the ``Xlib: async reply!!'' error with a facelift for gtk2.
> > > Thomas, the thing to do is run Pan inside of gdb like this:
> > >
> > >   $ gdb pan
> > >   (gdb) break gdk_x_error
> >
> > Function "gdk_x_error" not defined.
>
>       oh, it's in the .so.  Try this:
>
>       $ gdb pan
>       $ break main
>       $ r
>       breakpoint 1 reached
>       $ break gdk_x_error
>       $ continue

This worked ok.  I generated another backtrace and attached it to the
bugzilla report(finally figured out how, i think).  I added another comment
also.  This problem occurs reliably with the task manager window open.  If
task manager is closed it is only intermittant.

If the attachment doesn't show up properly on bugzilla, let me know and I'll
email it to you directly.

--
Thomas K. Gamble
address@hidden

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine
own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall
direct thy paths.
(Proverbs 3:5,6)

Current Linux kernel 2.4.18-6mdksmp, Uptime: 5 days 23 hours 7 minutes.