pan-users

[Pan-users] feature request -- cron-invokable tasks

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: [Pan-users] feature request -- cron-invokable tasks
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:30:24 -0500

someone please tell me if this has already been suggested; or if there's an
easy way to do this already.

I'd like to be able to put an entry in my crontab, that would invoke pan
(preferably taking advantage of an already running instance, much like
Galeon does); and execute a menu item.
for instance; update the list of groups once a week, or download new headers
every night.

I would think this should be a straightforward thing to do... should just be
something like:
pan --execute=menu.item
which would invoke the 'item' command from the 'menu' menu.

combined with the search/download rules, this could be a very powerful tool.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises