pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan and modems - patch against pan-0.11.3

From: Graham Orr
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan and modems - patch against pan-0.11.3
Date: 20 Apr 2002 21:59:36 +0100

Hi,

I've been messing around with pan-0.11.3, trying to find out why pan
behaves the way it does when dealing with crappy modem connections. You
may remember me mentioning it a couple of days ago. Basically, the
problem is this: If the modem is disconnected for anything longer than
about a minute, Pan simply gives up trying to download any binaries.

The attached patch to queue.c seems to solve it for me (although being
new to this I'm not sure if it's the best way - or whether it fucks up
other things). Without the call the queue_wakeup() after the
queue_set_task_status(QUEUED...), Pan doesn't seem to attempt to retry
and just sits there. The sleep(5) is just to delay things between
retries - without it Pan quickly burns its way up to the maximum
retries.

--
Graham