pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan does not support zip ?

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan does not support zip ?
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:19:45 -0700

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 12:56:35AM +0300, Roi Dayan wrote:

>>> seems i can get zip files if they r yEncc encoded

>> Providing a group + subject would really be helpful, so that I don't
>> have to go hunting for zip files.  It will also let me know that the
>> one I'm testing is, in fact, failing when you try to decode it.

> The group is alt.binaries.warez.linux
> and just get the new headers and u'll see zip files in the top
> because its latest posted

I went there and looked for the first complete (little green puzzle piece icon)
multipart zip file that wasn't yEnc encoded.  The one I came on first was

   SIDE.FX.HOUDINI.V5.0.LINUX-PIXEL - File 9 of 9 - p-sfhl09.zip (01/15)

I hit Save Attachments, and a few minutes later the zip file showed up
in my ~/News/Pan/ directory.  It unzipped fine.

It was posted today, so it should still be fresh on your server.  If you
can't decode it, please let me know.  Otherwise if you want me to follow
up on this you're really going to have to provide a group + subject
that has failed on your end!