pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [OT] Commercial news servers

From: jef
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [OT] Commercial news servers
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 01:14:45 -0400

> However, my
> second choice was Giganews. Their prices seemed to be ideal for what I
> needed. Anyone tried them?

        I have 2 accounts with them. One supplied by Comcast - only 1GB a
month. I'll spare you the rant on how sadly criminal Comcast is
concerning so many things, especially news.  Because 1GB a month is
nowhere near enough for me, I also spring for the 8GB account.

        I only have Newsguy to compare them with, but I'd have to say that they
are awesome. Great retention, and almost perfect completion. Newsguy's
rate limit on connections just plain annoyed me - no such worries with
Giganews.
        It's only been about 3 months, but I have yet to be disappointed with
them.

        Jef